TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
The Agreement that governs the relationship between FURNISH ME NEW and the customer ("the Parties") comprises of these terms and conditions (which are applicable for the provision of goods / items from FURNISH ME NEW) and a FURNISH ME NEW order form for goods / items placed by the customer. FURNISH ME NEW will advise customers should these terms and conditions change for any reason whatsoever.
- CHANGE OF ORDERS: Changes to an order placed will only be permitted within 48 hours of placing an order. If a change is requested after the 48 hour period, our best efforts will be made to accommodate the request provided the production process has not begun.
- BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR ORDER: Please check your order before submitting it to ensure the accuracy of quantity, sizes, fabrics and finishes. It is also very important to make sure that the furniture you are purchasing will fit through the entrances of your premises and can be placed in the intended area. We accept no responsibility should items not fit through your entrances into the premises. We will however accept the return of goods until a solution to this problem has been found, but the second delivery may be subjected to a fee.
- FURNITURE DIMENSIONS: All measurements shown on the website are estimates given to us by each of our manufacturers and suppliers. The sizing may vary from the actual size of the item once produced and received. A variance of 1cm – 3cm is allowed.
- DEPOSIT: In order for an order placed to be processed, a 50% deposit is required on all orders at the time of placement.
- RE-STOCKING OF ORDERS: Furnish Me New reserves the right to charge 50% of the purchase price of the order as a restocking fee, should the order be cancelled more than 7 days after it has been placed.
- FORFEITURE OF DEPOSIT: Furnish Me New reserves the right to cancel orders where customers have paid the deposit but do not make the final payment. We will charge 50% of the purchase price as a re-stocking fee.
- NO DELIVERIES IF NOT PAID FOR IN FULL: No items will be delivered if full payment for the items ordered have not been received by us. Please ensure that this is done 48 hours in advance to avoid delivery delays. All goods remain the property of Furnish Me New until paid for in full.
- DAMAGED OR DEFECTIVE FURNITURE: While all our products are of the highest quality, defects do occasionally occur in the manufacturing process. Moreover, natural flaws and imperfections in wood add to the beauty and charm of an item and should be should not be viewed as defects. However, where the defects are of a minor nature, these will be remedied on your premises by the manufacturer. Please take time to inspect all the items at the time of delivery and note any defects or damages on the delivery form. Damage beyond a minor defect must be notified to Furnish Me New, within 24 hours of receipt of the items purchased and should be returned immediately unless otherwise arranged with us.
- COLOUR ACCURACY OF FINISHES: We do our very best to display the range of finish colours accurately. However colour perception can differ from person to person. Factors such as computer monitor type, age or settings, print variations and personal perceptions are things to consider. We thus take no responsibility for colour variations and finishes.
- MANUFACTURING LEAD TIMES: Most items are manufactured upon order. Standard production times are 4-6 weeks. Delays are possible through circumstances beyond our control, including but not limited to, for example, industrial action and seasonal high volumes of orders and the location of delivery. We will keep our customers informed timeously should their orders be delayed in any way. Furnish Me New will not be held liable for costs or inconvenience caused by delays of up to 2 weeks past the 4-6 week quoted delivery time. Please keep in mind deliveries to areas outside of major metropolitan areas and secondary towns might also delay delivery in certain circumstances, due to the frequency of travel by our sub-contracted transport services.
- SPLIT DELIVERIES: Where orders to one customer involve a number of different manufacturers, if some of the items be ready for delivery sooner than others, and the customer chooses to take delivery of those items before the full order is ready, the customer will be required to pay the balance due on the items being delivered and to maintain a 50% deposit on the outstanding items. Additional delivery charges may also apply in such circumstances.
- INSPECTION OF GOODS: Where possible, the customer is entitled to inspect ordered items at the relevant manufacturing factory before delivery. Please notify us to make the necessary arrangements.
- PRICES: All prices are quoted in South African Rand and are payable in South African Rand. Prices include VAT but exclude delivery costs. Delivery costs will be added to your final quotation once we have received your full delivery address details.
- REFUNDS AND RETURNS: If you wish to return a purchase for any reason, the customer is required to notify us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days of receipt of the ordered items. You have a duty to care for the product during the cancellation period, and we reserve the right to charge you for any defects not reported within 48 hours of receipt of the ordered items. Goods may only be returned in a perfect and unused condition, in the original, unmarked and undamaged packaging, or in good enough quality transport packaging to avoid any damage during transportation to our supplier. Items must not have been used or assembled in any way. Furnish Me New retains the right to refuse a refund on any item not deemed re-saleable. We will arrange with the transporter to have the items collected from you and items may only be returned using a transporter appointed by Furnish Me New. The purchaser will be liable for the delivery cost of collection from your premises for delivery back to the supplier. You will also be liable for the administrative costs involved in processing your return of goods. Once we have received the items back, they will be inspected and if they are in their original undamaged condition we will refund your money less the collection and admin fee within 7 days.
- FORCE MAJEURE EVENTS: Neither Party will be liable in any way to the other party for any performance in terms of the agreement between them that is prevented or hindered due to a force majeure event. In such situation, either party may cancel the purchase agreement via written notice to the other party and both parties shall be released from any further future liability under that agreement. A force majeure event means any cause beyond either FURNISH ME NEW or the customer's reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of war, acts of God, earthquake, hurricanes, flood, fire or other similar casualty, embargo, riot, sabotage, strikes, governmental act, insurrections, epidemics, quarantines, inability to procure materials or transportation facilities, failure of power, restrictive governmental laws or regulations, court orders, failure of the Internet or any other reason of a like nature not resulting from the actions or inactions of a party.
- JURISDICTION: The Parties consent to the jurisdiction of the South African magistrate's court in respect of any dispute and/or claim arising between them, even if the claim or amount in dispute or the value of the matter in dispute exceeds the jurisdiction of that court. The governing law for the agreement between the parties is South African law.
- NOTICE AND DOMICILIUM: Any notice that is required or permitted to be given in terms of this agreement may be delivered by hand or sent by registered post, facsimile or e-mail (with confirmation of delivery) at the customer address given when the order is placed, and for FURNISH ME NEW at the address provided on the invoice.
- FULL AGREEMENT: These terms and conditions, along with the order to purchase constitutes the only agreement between the Parties relating to the purchase of goods / item(s) manufactured or supplied by FURNISH ME NEW. All prior written or oral quotations, understandings or communications between FURNISH ME NEW and the Customer are superseded to the extent to which it applies to the goods / items that are the subject of this agreement.